International Offshore Patrol Vessels conference 2015: enabling cost-effective maritime security
Our International Offshore Patrol Vessels conference is now a decade old – in that time it has become the most well attended patrol vessel event in the world, providing you with the opportunity to with OPV operators and industry stakeholders from the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
To celebrate our 10th Birthday we’re going to Rome – a city with over 2300 years of naval history and an increasingly challenging contemporary maritime security environment. In the 3rd century BC geopolitical realities beyond Italy forced Rome to recognize the importance of the sea to its own fate. Once again, broader geopolitical realities are reinforcing the importance of securing the Mediterranean Sea and this time the response is happening on both the national and supranational level.
Our proven annual event attracts the most senior navy and coast guard chiefs from around the world to discuss the challenges of maritime policing: countering illicit flows including migration, piracy, search and rescue, pollution monitoring, fisheries protection and EEZ patrol. Through assessing platforms and auxiliary technologies, military delegates benefit from a clear understanding of the technologies on offer and the best path to balancing capability and affordability to help deliver optimum mission effectiveness tailored to their own unique needs.
The 2015 OPV event benefits from our international experience and series of regional satellite events to bring together the most relevant and thought-provoking conference agenda to date.
In summary, International Offshore Patrol Vessels conference will offer you the opportunity to:
- Network with the largest and most diverse global gathering of the OPV community in the world
- Gain technical insight and understanding into the latest designs with presentations from public and private sector shipyards
- Benefit from strategic analysis of current maritime security concerns delivered by Admirals and Commander from navies and coast guards
- Share lessons learnt from a vast array of mission sets, ranging from law enforcement to environmental protection, gain insight into adapting OPV design to emerging missions
- Explore the latest technological developments in modularity, systems arrangement, propulsion and ship-based unmanned systems